Sorry but this tour is already closed. Join us for another FUN TOURS in 2019.
The Cultural Wonders of Spain: Exploring the Treasures of Madrid, Seville and Granada with stops in Toledo, Avila, Segovia and Cordoba. (April 13 – 24, 2018)
$4199.00 per person, double occupancy for 12 days and 11 nights. Includes round trip flights from Chicago to Madrid, hotels, transfers, admissions and fees, local guides, transportation within Spain, 2 meals per day. Single supplement: $800
Ready to sign up? Click here for a Spain Registration Form. Please make all payments to “Value Holidays”, our trusted partner agency.
Here are a few of the Tour Highlights:
- City tour of one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan capitals, Madrid, with tours of the famous Prado museum, Royal Palace, the Plaza Mayor, and famous nightlife.
- Day trip to Spain’s cultural, artistic and architectural capital, Toledo, with its cobbled stone streets and harmonious blend of Jewish, Arabic and Christian cultures. Birthplace of the famous Spanish painter, El Greco, we see some his most famous works.
- Learn to make some the most iconic Spanish dishes: Paella, tortilla and Sangria. We’ll shop the market with our personal chef and together learn to make these popular Spanish dishes
- Visit the “Heritage of Mankind” towns of Avila (home of the convent of Saint Teresa) and Segovia. Considered Spain’s most beautiful historic towns, we’ll tour a unique walled city from the 11th century with gothic palaces, Romanesque cathedrals, a Roman aqueduct and picturesque Alcazar.
- High Speed train from Madrid to Seville for the unique yearly Fair of Seville with its colorful dress, extraordinary displays of horsemanship and culinary delights. Tour the third largest cathedral in Christendom, burial place of Christopher Columbus, the Plaza de Espana the Moorish Alcazar and the narrow streets of the Jewish Santa Cruz Quarters. Jack returns with you to his university town.
- Travel to Granada, the last Moorish stronghold in Europe, a city internationally revered for its lavish Alhambra. We’ll tour the famous palace, beautiful Generalife gardens, the generous tapa bars, and bohemian tea shops. Experience the sound and music of Flamenco in the narrow passageways of the famed Albayzin barrio.
- Daytrip to the beautiful city of Cordoba with a visit to the famous Mezquita having served a center of worship from the 8th century for a variety of religions through the ages. Relax in the Arabic baths after a day of touring as we sip our mint tea in this UNESCO World Heritage city.
- Return via high speed train to Madrid for flight home.
*Subject to possible changes
Join FUN TOURS for an unforgettable adventure through sunny plains dotted with windmills, cosmopolitan cities, medieval walled towns, and castles perched on hilltops.
It’s a land of bullfights, passionate flamenco, world class art and colorful festivals.
We’ll taste the wines and sangria, savor the tapas in the late night restaurants and learn about Spanish cuisine through a cooking class.
We begin in the bustling Spanish capital of Madrid with its famous plazas, palaces and paella. Day trips will explore such wonders as the UNESCO world heritage site of Segovia , Toledo (the city of three cultures and diverse Spanish architecture ) and the medieval walled city of Avila.
Then by highspeed train, we continue south to the marvels of Andalucia just in time for the famous April fair of Seville.
We visit the famous Gothic cathedral and Moorish Alcazar before heading to the famous Alhambra and Generallife gardens of Granada with a stop in Cordoba to tour its rich architectural treasures.
Come savor the food, live the celebrations and experience the warmth of the Spanish people and its rich culture. It’s an adventure you’ll never forget.
Questions about connecting flights or payments? Call Joerg Kramer at Value Holidays, Fun Tours trusted travel agency partner 262.241.6373. All payments are made out to: “Value Holidays”
Questions about the tour, call our FUN TOURS office at 262.689.9781
Space is limited so make your reservation today! Reservation deadline is December 15, 2017. Join us for this tour of a lifetime. Join us for another unique FUN TOURS!